Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stand for something...

or you will fall for anything. That was an old country western song that I still remember from my youth. I have always said that there are only two types of music I don't particularly like, country and western but that song has always held a space in the grey matter between my ears. It's title rings true today, we need to stand for something, anything. Too many people I come into contact with are afraid to stand for something. What kind of life are we living if we are not willing to stand up for something we believe in. There is a dose of fear that goes with taking a stand, but if we allow that fear to keep us from standing up, then we really probably don't believe in what we say we believe anyway.
It takes courage to "take a stand". Courage is not the absense of fear, but overcoming our fear to accomplish what needs to be done. It takes moxie to "take a stand". Moxie is not arrogance, but the belief that what you are doing is needed and worth doing. It takes peristance to "take a stand". Things won't change overnight and persistance is the staying power to see it through until change occurs.
What the world needs now is not more people watching from the sidelines but people of courage, moxie and persistance to take a stand against the things of this world that need changed. We have enough spectators, will you be a participator?

2 comments:

sassy chic said...

Never had a problem taking a stand! Just ask my husband how many times we had to move because I had to take a stand about something that wasn't right! Well okay we only had to move once and I would still do it again.

Trudy said...

I'm in