Friday, May 2, 2008

In the master's hands...

Have you ever tried to replicate something. Hopefully I have uploaded an image of a guitar. It is a guitar that I built with some parts and hand crafting some other pieces. It was my attempt at duplicating a 50 year old guitar. So many intricate details to duplicate and yet even though I had the original at hand to compare to, it just did not come out exactly the same. To the naked untrained eye, it might look the same but to someone who is trained and schooled in guitars, it is different as night and day.

Have you ever tried to duplicate something that someone else does. Wether it be in work, play or even preaching? Sometimes we are best off doing a new thing, something that has never been done than trying to duplicate something else.

So next time you are tempted to do something that has already been done, try something new. You might be surprised at the outcome.

2 comments:

Plow Boy said...

I could never be as tall or as loud as you are, Pastor, even though I try so hard. I just need to be little(rounder than I used to be)ol'(lots of gray hair)me!

sassy chic said...

Pastor P I don't know what you are talking about every time I try to duplicate something or someone I do it so exactly that no one even knows it is a duplicate! (yea right and if you believe that I have some land in the swamps of FL you may be interested in) We need to be who God called us to be, crafted my the Masters Hands to be the original of His design, not some duplicate of something, or someone else that He never intended for us in the first place! Good Preaching!