Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ghost in the Machine...

Well last night was the first in a series that I stole the title from Mark Banderson on called "The Ghost in the Machine". Centered on the Holy Spirit I believe that it is going to be real good.
We went over the introduction of Pentecost, Biblical references for it from the Old Testament, to the New Testament, to the Epistles.
But what really got me was that we had almost everyone in the room raise their hand and proclaim that they had been filled. But then GOD dropped a new thought into my head.
How many have ever filled their car with gas? I mean filled it all the way to the top?
When I was much younger, I remember a friend and me wanting to go to Joplin on the day before payday, so we scraped together $2.59 to buy gas. It filled my car up to a quater tank (yes gas was cheap!!) and we went and ran around all night. Well that car very rarely ever got a tank full of gas. $5 here, $3 there but not very often did it get full. We were at the service station every couple of days, but there was not much of that Petrol that got into the tank. I remeber one time buying a Big Gulp, a huge bag of M&Ms, a bag of Funyuns, and some gas. I paid with a $10 bill if that tells you how much gas I put in. My car may not have been full but I was!!
So anyway, I ask how many had been refilled that day, not one hand went up. A couple had been filled the day before, I am sure they had a finals test or something and needed all the help they could get. But the point got across, we need to be filled to the top continually, not just get a couple of bucks worth to get us through the week, but filled to capacity with the Holy Spirit.
So next time you are at the serving station, get the full service and fill'r up!!

No comments: