Friday, May 23, 2008

Knee pain...

Wow, well I went to the doctor today and I might have damaged some cartiledge in my knee. It has been swelling up, which the doctor said was a good thing as it protects and lubricates the cartiledge which keeps bone from rubbing on bone. So he gave me a cortizone shot in my knee. That was a lot of fun!! 3" needle injected right into my knee joint...
The doc presecribed an MRI to really see what is going on and possibly surgury to correct it.
Now I am thinking this is like shadetree mechanics, keep putting parts on till it corrects the problem instead of really diagnosing the problem and taking care of it. If the MRI comes back good, then it is rest and relaxation till it heals up. But if the MRI comes back bad, it is to surgury. So why don't we just do the rest and relax for a week or two and see if it gets better and skip the MRI till we know that or not.
I mean, I have insurance but it is going to cost me $2500.00 for an MRI out of my pocket. And I was wanting to take the kids to see Narnia Prince Caspian this weekend. Well I made a decision, Narnia it is. I am taking responsibility for my own good, and putting off a $2500 bill as long as I can. I mean the knee can't get worse....
So sometimes, step back, evaluate the situation and make a good decision...

1 comment:

Pastor John said...

Thats my diagnosis. Especially after hearing the same thing for dads back. Take it easy, heres a shot for the swelling and give it some time to rest.