Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It is all in your persepctive...

I got to thinking about a situtation I saw yesterday and something very similiar happened to me almost the same as this poor guy. I saw this guy on a motorcycle almost get wiped out by this old man driving a beat up old truck. He made a right turn on red right in front of the guy on the motorcycle making the motorcyclist stop and wait for him to pull out in front of him. What was strange was there was a policeman right behind the old man. I was ready for the lights to go on, and someone to at least get a warning about trying to run someone over. Well, guess what no lights, no warning the old man just drove off like nothing happened.
Well I had a similiar experience, but mine was an old lady, and she was at a stop sign and I had the clear right away but as I approached the intersection I saw her look at me and then to the right, and then back at me and then to the right and then I saw her start to ease out into my path of travel. Luckily I was only doing 25 MPH and my motorcycle has good breaks!! So I get it stopped and as she was inching out into the intersection into my lane of travel I honk my horn at her. Now I am sitting still about 5 feet from her window when I honked. She swiveled her head around and look somewhat surprised when she saw me. At that point I thought, "OK she has seen me know and has seen the error of her ways". Nope! She rolls down her window, (yes still sitting in my lane and half into the other lane) and snaps at me, "you need to slow down!!!". I was sitting there mouth agape, thinking "what?" as she rolls up her window and proceeds to almost hit the truck coming the other way. He stops and honks at her and she then proceeds to tell him he is number one with her middle finger. This lady (I use the term loosely) was like cutting people off and driving like a maniac. But then I began to think from her end. She was almost hit by a big biker guy wearing leathers who honked and looked menacingly at her. And then some Redneck in a pick up truck tried to rear end her while she was on her way to get her hair done. "What a day", I am sure she told her hairdresser, as she recounted her harrowing journey to get her weekly perm.
That just goes to show you that sometimes life is all a matter of perspective. It comes down to how you react to situations in life and how you see things. So next time you get almost runned over, think what the other person is thinking before you kick their mirror off their car.

2 comments:

sassy chic said...

you know I am thinking that if she is getting a perm "every week" that may be part of her problem! Can anybody say fried? Just a thougt...and yes I did get the point and it was a good one if a little annoying that you think we should look at more than just the surface of things!

Pastor John said...

I would have kicked the mirror off last time that happened to me, if I could have caught the crazy lady. Then I heard the story of the woman in tulsa who killed the biker who had kicked her car door as she tried to merge over onto him. Apperently she felt threatened and then just side swipped him on purpose. I am thinking now that being forgiving is the best option.