Monday, May 19, 2008

Got the RIGHT plug in?

I have been fighting at work with computer network issues. I am by default the computuer guru here, not because I have extensive training, but because my brother is an IT guy. You know, they assume since my brother knows about computers, that somehow it is embedded in my DNA that I will know that stuff too! I know just enough to be dangerous, but because I know that "just enough" I am the man here. So when things associated with computers start to go bad, I am the one they call.
Well our network while not as sophisticated as some is pretty expansive, from computer to computer communications, to internet to e-mail we are pretty dependent on our network to keep us all connected.
I started thinking about that is how it is with the church. Sometimes it is hard to keep everyone connected!! Sometimes the plug gets pulled inadvertantly, sometimes on purpose. Sometimes the wires get messed up, and sometimes the hardware is not set correctly. It takes a lot of running, trying and messing with parts to get it all working right. The church is the same way, it sometimes runs all right by itself, and at other times needs someone to run around and try to keep it running efficiently.
So if you are having problems, first, make sure you are connected. If you have cut yourself (or unplugged as the case might be) with others, then you are the one that needs to fix that issue.
If you are having problems communicating, then take some time to diagnose the problem and then go about getting it fixed. And if you are having hardware problems, then it might be time to upgrade your relationship or your position in Christ so you can get on the same web page as him... happy surfing...