Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Touch not GOD'S annointed...


I have heard this preached a thousand times, usually with that scripture of Elijah or Elisha being made fun of because he was bald, and he called a curse down on the children who were teasing him and a bunch of bears came out of the woods and mauled the kids. Don't mess with the preachers of GOD'S word!!!
I haven't really thought of that till this week, when I heard someone going off about their preacher. They were this and they were that and stupid too on top of it all as they bellowed out the list of failures that they had witnessed, as I overhead the conversation. I really thought that they were all insignificent things, but they were not to the "talker". I wonder if these people who talk out about the men and women of GOD realize the sacrifices and the work that they do? I truely believe that the men and women of GOD do not get the respect that they deserve. R E SP EC T!! And I do mean respect, love them or hate them, they are GOD'S people and because of their position should have our respect. I do not hear preachers sitting down with other preachers and telling every juicy morsel of rumor that they know about their congregation. I do hear them sitting down and getting advice on how they can minister to those that are hurting or those going through a trial though. Back in the old days, the minister was the respected, even revered ( I wonder if Reverend came from that?...) in the community that he ministered in. I do not know if it is a cultural shift or something else that make people feel that those in the ministry are fair game to criticize, condemn and converse about.
So the next time you want to talk about your Preacher, walk a mile in their shoes first. Here, I have mine off, you can borrow them IF YOU DARE!!! I have a feeling you won't make it out the door...

1 comment:

Pastor John said...

Been there, when you know they could not hack half the stuff God has called you to endure. You wonder if you should be Elisha calling a curse or Moses praying God spare them.