Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Say What?


What has happened to our great country? I heard on the news today that our banking federal chief is saying our economy is in trouble. The government has bailed out Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, our countries two largest mortgage brokers. We have car companies about to go under, budgets that are out of control, airlines that are charging you $5 for a pillow and making you pack one change of clothes for a weeks stay unless you want to pay for shipping on the SECOND suitcase you want to take with you. By the way I had my shipping guy run the numbers, a 25# suitcase can be shipped all over the continental US for like $12, and that is on UPS's plane. So why can't the people who carry my body take it for less if they are going that way, but I remiss...


I am so tired of American's looking for the government to step into every trial and tribulation in our life and bail us out. Yes we pay taxes, does that mean if we make a bad decision on a house that was too big for us and we could not afford that the government owes it to us to help us pay it off? Gas is over $4 a gallon , so park the HUMMER and take the Volkswagon. Food prices are rising... have you heard of a garden? And do we really need to eat as much as we do? I know that I don't... but lets not get into that... I realize that our county is the greatest thing going... but lets get real folks, they are there to govern our land, make available the pursuit of happiness and secure our freedoms, not fix up our land because of mining waste, not ENSURE that we are happy (remember it is a pursuit of happiness) and freedom doesn't necessarily mean that whatever we want to do is good for us.


So what will fix this great country? You! Doing your part... all 304,614,311 million of us...