Wednesday, July 23, 2008

D O N E !!!

I quit my job yesterday. No, not the church job, but the job that pays the bills. I received a job offer from another company to do the same type of thing I am doing now at a better pay rate and benenfits. Sounds good right? It is all good except the people you leave behind.
I really thought my boss was going to have a stroke yesterday. I called him the night before and told him my decision. I meant to have a face to face meeting but he did not come in and I felt I needed to give him as much time as possible so I told him over the phone. The next morning he looked like he hadn't slept or ate since then. At lunch time he said he still had an upset stomach and refused to go eat. I realized then how much value I was to this company. One man I have worked with for 20 years refuses to talk to me. One gal called me a pot stirrer of feces material. One guy sarcastically said thanks for all the extra work. Some of these people I have known for almost half my life and the thought of leaving them is like loosing part of my family.
My emotions are running from sad, for those I am leaving behind, to excitement as I am embarking on a new jouney. It is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

1 comment:

sassy chic said...

I am praying for you! I know that this is the absolute hardest part of changing jobs, especially when you have been at the same place for 20 years! These people are hurt and they are going to say and do things that they don't really mean...but hey nothing like confirmation you made the right choice!