Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doing things Halfway...




I don't like it when people do a halfway job. I was looking at projects yesterday and had the urge to do a halfway job in scoping these locations. I thought, "hey, it won't affect me" but then I thought of all the others it would affect. I thought about how that would tarnish my legacy and people would question me and my ethics. So I decided to do the right thing and finish the job right and not halfway.


As my picture depicts, doing things halfway is never a good thing. Imagine the thoughts that would swirl around all who would see my friend (at least he was my friend before I posted his pic!!) with his hair like that. What would they think? It might be something like, "dude, uhmmmm you missed a spot...hehehe" or it might be like "did the timer run out on the shaver and you didn't have another quarter to finish? hehehe" or maybe, "Hey man, don't drink and shave... hehehe"


But many of us leave things undone in our lives. Things that we never get around to fixing... things that we never get around to taking care of and it affects how people think of us. Sometimes our lives don't reflect that we are 100% commited to whatever our cause is because we leave things undone.


I will tell you, my friend did not like his hair cut halfway... he insisted that it get finished and I just have to say, I really appreciate that he finished the job!!


No comments: