Thursday, July 3, 2008

Say it ain't so...





So I love guitars, and I have always been a fan of great guitarist. And one of the best arguably was Jimmi Hendrix. I am not a big psyadelic guy, don't really wear tie dyed stuff, but I have heard some of his stuff. Know that he lived hard and died from a drug overdose far too young. But I don't want to talk about him, but about his guitar. See I have always loved that guitar's look. White on white, with a Maple neck. So simplistic, so elegant, so I decided I wanted one. have you checked how much guitars cost, so I decided to make one.


So I worked and worked and put one together with some parts I made and some part I purchased. Now I am not a guitar hack, I pretty much know what I am doing when building eletric guitars (this is my fourth) and I think I did pretty good. The one on the right is mine.

But what I found out is this, I can't play like Jimmi Hendrix. I don't even sound like him playing. I have the same looking guitar, even have the reversed headstock, the same color and shape but my playing sounds like me playing any other guitar even though I am playing a guitar styled after Jimmi's. Sometime we think if we act a certain way, or dress a certain way, or drive a certain car it will change who we are. When in reality we are all made differently, as David said, "formed in our mother's womb" to be who we are. To look like we look, talk like we talk and be who we are. So lets stop trying to be someone else, and be the best YOU that you can be.


No comments: