Friday, July 25, 2008

Following Through....

How many times have you been around people who do not follow through. You know what I mean, they start something but never get it finished. I am a horrible follower througher (is there is such a word!!) myself. I always have about 10 projects going in one state of completeness or another.
So last Monday I resigned my job and I found I have to make a choice. Do I mail in the last two weeks, or do I follow through? Do I slump off all the work to the people who will be handling it when I leave now, or do I try to do as much as I can while I am here to finish strong?
I have decided to finish strong. I know that I am an asset to this company. I know that I will be missed, but this is my chance to secure my legacy at this place. They will never be able to say that I mailed it in the last two weeks. They will say that I gave when I had nothing to gain from it.
That is how I have decided I want to live my life. Giving when I have nothing to gain from it. So I have decided to finish strong...

1 comment:

sassy chic said...

Finish Strong! That is great, I heard a preacher the the other day saying what stewardship is. It is when we ask the owner what he wants done with his property, money, etc...and then do it just like he said to do it. You are choosing to be a good steward of what the Lord has given you. Until you leave that company you are still their employee and you owe them your best. God will bless your choice, so few people choose to do what is right for what is easy