Monday, November 17, 2008

The Smokey Mountains...

Well in my travels I was in Atlanta and decided to go see a customer up in Virginia. Well there was no good way to get there unless I drove about three hours so drive I decided to do. Well I ended up driving through a section of the Smokey Mountains. Now I have driven in mountains before but this was really cool, during the middle of the day the leaves were turning and the views were great.


But then I had to come back later and the FOG rolled in. Now I am not talking your basic fog, I am talking thick enough to cut FOG. They fog is so bad there that they actually have lights, not reflectors but lights imbedded in the road so you know when you are driving off the road and over the cliff on the side. This is not an actual picture but is a good semblence of what I was seeing as I white knuckled down that stretch of road.


Yep it was a little harrowing as I was hurrying to catch a flight. I was glad to be back in the lowlands and out of the clouds.

No comments: