Friday, November 14, 2008

CSI this, CSI that...

What is it with CSI? I mean how many TV shows that deal with Crime Scene Investigation do we really need. Now you know that I only get five channels on a clear day so when I travel a lot of times it is TV Vegetation time. That means I have a remote in my hand and I endlessly surf for hours at a time. Well not really hours but I find myself getting board with stuff to early to watch a whole show and the commercials are so long... well I digress. So the other night I am in the hotel watching the Tube and I kid you not, every show that was on was a CSI show. First it was in Vegas, or Miami or New York or some other cosmopolitan town, and then it was a Military version, and then there was this discovery channel deal about dudes in the old west who were killed and how they were investigating how they died. And then there was this Mayan temple thing where they were investigating the bones of people who had been sacrificed. And then there was this National Geographic where they were investigating the tombs of the Pharoes and then there was this cop show where they investigate a murder scene because they have to catch a killer in the first 48 hours or the donut shops close or something. I mean really, what happened to Magnum PI, Starksky and Hutch, Berretta, the Six Million Dollar Man, The A Team, and all the good old shows that were different? Are there not any good shows on anymore that don't involve solving a crime? Those guys were really good about getting the bad guys BEFORE they committed the crime... I guess that is kind of backwards today...

No comments: