Monday, November 24, 2008

Have a little Patience...


I was working this weekend and realized that I lacked patience. Yep, I am an impatient person.

Now I am not the guy at McDonalds yelling at the drive through window because it took three minutes to get my Big Mac. Nor am I the guy who is standing by the door waiting on the Dominoes guy telling him I am not paying because it took 31 minutes. And I am not the guy who stands in line at Wal Mart for five minutes and looks like I only had ten minutes to live and wasted half of it standing in line behind a woman who has fifteen cats and a fetish for cashmere sweaters. And I am not the guy who when he walks into the DMV gives that criminal look of incarceration once he enters the door waiting for his time to be served before he gets parrolled. But I do lack patience, usually with those that are closest to me. Those that I love the most, cherish the most, could not live without, those people I have no patience for. I have patience for a client who can't make up his mind, the auto mechanic who is moving at a snail's pace, the doctor who makes me set in a waiting room to wait, and then in an examination room to wait some more. I have patience with those people, but with those closest to me I have none.

Why is that? I don't have an answer but I have determined that it is wrong and I am going to change. So I will have patience with my loved ones, but the DMV gal, the mechanic, the Wal Mart Checkout lady and my Doctor had better be on their toes!!

1 comment:

sassy chic said...

yikes I am glad you are going to gain patience with those you love,but the poor wal-mart lady!!! You crack me up, made me laugh!