Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Travel...

Well I have been on the road as Willy Nelson sings it and I've been everywhere like Johnny Cash. From New York to Ohio and all places in between I have been busy. I can tell you that traveling by plane is a pain today. Long lines when you send your baggage to the great warehouse in the sky, ling lines when you have to take off any metal object (belts included and for those of us that NEED a belt that is a compromising situation), keys, coins and even removing your shoes to go through the metal detector only to brush the sides and have to get frisked by the little old grey headed lady in a uniform. Then to have to show your ID to everyone and anyone who asks for it, flying has become an uncomfortable thing. But I think it is worth it to make sure that there is not someone smuggling something on board that could hurt someone. Making sure that people bent on evil will not get access to that plane.
I guess if taking off my shoes, belt and putting all my metal objects in a tray, having my ID out and ready means that I can fly without fear, it is worth it. And it is good to be home.

No comments: