Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

Man, as a comfort creature I despise change and when decisions have to be made to change things it is one of the hardest things I have to do. I am grappling with a change right now that will affect a large part of my life. I am barraged with the thoughts of success and failure. Is this a GOD thing or a me thing? Am I supposed to pursue or wait? Do I need to put another fleece out and this time ask that the ground be dry and only the fleece be wet? I feel like Gideon today, knowing GOD is steering me but really, really, really wanting him to boom from heaven the direction I am to go.
I know that GOD puts up with us untrusting souls like me and Gideon who need multiple "signs" so we can move on, but sometimes he wants us to just follow because he is leading.

1 comment:

Pastor John said...

That is too true, its hard to do the Indiana Jones (Raiders of the lost ark) thing and jump when you don't know if the bridge is there or not.