Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cancel Church???


Are you kidding me? Sometimes that is the thought that runs through my head when I consider cancelling a church service. I have been conditioned that if the church doors are open, unless I am sick I am there. Sunday AM, PM and Wednesday nights are the times when GOD is open for business and how dare we choose to dismiss a service when he is waiting on our every word.

What?

I think sometimes we need to shake ourselves that the appointed meeting times for the church are just that appointed meeting times and not the "church" itself. Is that not what is happening with the church in America today, they say "Amen!" from the pew on Sunday and "Oh me!" at work on Monday. From Sunday saint, to Monday ain't, the church has gotten confused that we are with GOD whether we are in a sanctuary, sanitarium, or stadium, GOD has not moved. GOD is there with us every morning that we get up, until we go to bed at night. And I admit that Paul cautioned that we should not neglect the assembling together because togetherness builds up the body of Christ, but that does not mean that we have to set aside EVERY Sunday AM and PM and Wednesday nights as our GOD time. For if that is the case, we are a very shallow Christian indeed.

So there; I have cancelled a service, the one after fourth of July, the evening service, which is usually attended by the faithful few and the ones that are required to be there. So be cautious if you are standing near me for the next few days just in case GOD decides he needs to punish me for this blasphemy of historic proportions!!

No comments: