Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sometimes it is good to...

blow off some steam. Too many times we try to hold everything in. Pastors especially, we need to be seen as the rock, the pillar, the immovable object that when the storms of life blow we are not moved or swayed. But can I tell you, we are all human, with the same frailities of humanity and sometimes we get discouraged, and sometimes we get angry, and sometimes we withdraw, and sometimes we blow up. Yesterday I had a time of letting go, you know just giving in and venting. Luckily I have a group of individuals that are very good at looking past my faults and allowing me to just be normal. It felt good as I typed and typed and typed some more about the situations that have surrounded me. I felt a release of emotional pain as I recounted situations in my life that have cut me to the quik. Hopefully my rant will shed some light into some situations that I have kept hidden for too long, and hopefully I will be able to let them go and heal from the wounds inflicted upon me.

1 comment:

Pastor John said...

Good stuff, we do that alot around here. Looking forward to the time when you can join us full-time.