Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Who do you look like?


I have been told that everyone has a twin. I mean not a biological twin but someone that really resembles someone else. They look so much alike that sometimes people will pass themselves off for the rich and famous.

To walk a few feet in someone elses shoes must feel pretty good. Can you imagine if you looked like some movie star? I was once mistaked for Christopher Reeves (before the accident that took his life) when I was in Atlantic City. The guy at a cafe says, "hey your that dude!". I replied, "Huh, what dude?" And the man says, "you are that Superman guy in the movies!". I kind of laughed and said, "No, you got the wrong guy." And he comes back and says, "Its OK, I won't tell anyone. I know you just want to eat in peace." And he did leave me alone the rest of the morning. But I could feel his eyes on me and the eyes of everyone in the kitchen on me till I left and said goodbye. I was so uncomfortable that someone was going to come and ask for an autograph and what I was going to do if they did that I did not enjoy my breakfast. Now I have no delusions that I look like Superman, of course back then I was somewhat buff so who knows. But that man saw me as Superman and in his eyes I was that famous Superman dude.

You know it gets me thinking of what we really see in people. We see the rich and famous and think it must be great to be them, until we walk a few feet in their shoes or set on their barstool through breakfast. I think we should wait to pass judgement on how great it is to be them.

No comments: