Monday, January 5, 2009

Fun Fun Fun...

Took a little family vacation and just getting back into the swing of things. We took an entire week of and planned on doing.... NOTHING. I just hate it when you go on vacation and you have more things to do than when you are working. Got to be here, gotta do that, and on and on. I come back more frazzled than when I left. It is so good to just go and do nothing. Although I will say that time does seem to move faster when you are doing something, but it moves pretty fast when you are doing nothing as well.
Went to the Dixey STAMPEEEEEDE!! as well as to TITANIC. Man that was a big ship for its time. I did get to find out a lot that I did not know and no I have not seen the movie. But what was amazing was the arrogance of all the crew and the people on board. They were CERTAIN that this ship was unsinkable. They took a path through an ice flow where most ships avoided. They were warned of icebergs in the area and the radio operator told them to stay off his channel. And they were going 17 knots through the ice flow in the dark of night and did not have time to turn in the 30 seconds it was from the time the lookout saw the berg and impact.
Amazing how people can ignore the warnings in so many things of life...

No comments: