Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Take care of it...




I was working on a song the other day and pulled a guitar down off the wall to get some chords. It was a guitar I bought to be a "beater" guitar. You know the one that doesn't get to stay in the case, gets thrown in the car, thrown on the floor, thrown down the stairs. It was inexpensive as guitars go and since it was "cheap" I felt no remorse at taking it apart, doing some modifications and adaptations on it. Now let me get where I was going.


I took that guitar down, plugged it in and it literally sang in my hands. Now I would say it was singing a step low and a little off of pitch, kind of like my singing, so together we were perfect. I was amazed at how well that little guitar played. Then I remembered the work I did on it. I took a cheap inexpensive guitar and made it into a player.


I can tell you, if you will take a little care and work a little on the small things in our lives, who knows what we may find out about ourselves. We might actually be a gem in the rough, which only needs a little care and effort to turn into a shining jewel.

No comments: