Monday, January 12, 2009

JESUS loves me this I know...

for the Bible tells me so?
I have been debating about posting this for some time. I know many people who do not feel that JESUS loves them, and some who do believe that JESUS loves them do not believe that GOD cares for them at all.
Well I was doing some reading the other day and came to a heavy realization.
GOD loves me just as much today, as he did when I was not living for him. GOD doesn't love me any more today that I pastor a church than he did when I first gave my life to him. He does not love me any more less than when I was doing my best to ignore him than he does know when I know him more.
Isn't that Whacked?
You see we try to put GOD in a man suit. You know make him out to be like us. But GOD is not like us. You see we really do not believe that we can "love" anyone that we have not met. And if we were truthful, out "love" is conditional. Which I mean that if you treat me well, if you are nice to me, if you do things for me, I might "love" you. But if you cross my path wrong, if you treat me wrong, if you disagree with me, I might not "love" you. GOD is not that way. He loves us even when we don't love him. Try that for a while, loving someone who does not love you back... yeah GOD is definately not like us.
Now to the JESUS versus GOD love thing. Many feel that JESUS loved them because he died for them. But we need to realize that GOD the Father, is the same as GOD the Son and GOD the Holy Spirit. They are the triune GOD head one and the same. So GOD the Father actually died as GOD the Son on the cross of Calvary, giving up himself for his creation. Confused yet? Yeah I know.
But just as JESUS loved mankind and was willing to give himself up for it, GOD loves us just as much. Even when we are yet no in his "family" his love for us is the same.
Oh that we could treat the brothers and sisters in the Lord the same way. Love unconditional with no strings attached.
For all of those that might read this, I want you to know that I will do my best to love with the love of Christ. Even if I haven't met you and even if you have been ugly to me, I will choose to love.
Be Blessed!

No comments: