Monday, June 7, 2010

Motivation...

I remember that old Sprite commercial with the three hip hop looking gang member dudes are shooting the commercial, talking all ghetto and such till the director yells cut and the main guy breaks into this prim and proper English and asks, "whats my motivation?".

I think of that a lot when dealing with motivation.
What I have found is this.
Any time I am motivated to do something for myself it is usually self serving, self centered and self indulging.
Any time I am motivated to do something for someone else it is usually selfless, appreciated and I get a better sense of fulfilment out of it.
Paul said that we should do all things as if we are doing them unto the Lord. There in lies all the motivation that we need to succeed in what we are doing.
I started thinking if I did everything as unto the Lord, wow, how motivated I would be to do a lot of things for him!
So tomorrow, in your cubicle, work for him. When your wife asks you to do something, do it for him to please her. When your kids need your help, help them as you would help him! It will change your life!

No comments: