Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Am I the only one?

Who really doesn't care for Shrek? My wife and I saw parts of the first one when it first debuted and we walked away thinking we wasted an hour and a half of our lives.
I just did not think it was that funny, sure there were a few funny lines but I am so over the old physical gags routine that burping, passing gas and boogers just aren't funny to me.
I guess part of it is growing up with three younger brothers. When someone flips a booger at 100 miles per hour and it impacts on your forehead it just isn't funny anymore. I remember taking a nap one time and awaking to my brothers backside right in my face. Yep he did it. And burping, well one of my brothers CAN burp his ABC's and sing that little diddy right at the end too. You know the one, now will you sing with me? Well he inserts "burp" in the sing part.
And then I had kids. Yep nose residue (ie Boogers) and all those other icky bodily functions I had to deal with as Dad. It becomes no fun after a while, actually it begins to grate on you. "Didn't I just wipe your nose?" I think I needed to hook the shop vac up sometimes and just attach it to the kid's noses and maybe just maybe I would get all that yucky stuff out at one time. And the diapers...well lets not go there. And then the kiddies get a little older and they start to do icky stuff to each other. And then Mom and Dad yell at them for doing things to their siblings that we did to ours years ago. It is the circle of life...
So Shrek I won't miss you now that your fourth film is done. My kids are almost grown up now, and I stress almost...and I am looking forward to a life without icky bodily functions happening every minute.
Ahh peace... ---Burp!!!!---and quiet.

No comments: