Wednesday, November 25, 2009

#1 Thankful Thing

Number One Thankful thing... Well I have thought long and hard on this. I have tried to come up with something clever, something funny but nothing seems to do it justice. So I have decided to be real, transparent, and honest. The number one thing I am thankful for is my relationship with Christ. I did not grow up in the church, actually I probably grew up so far away from church it is not funny. My father was an alcoholic, workaholic, social anxiacal person, my mother, well she searched for meaning through all sorts of different circles in her life but never really found what she was looking for. I grew up thinking Church was for sissies, needy people who never took their lives seriously. Most church people that I ran into did not live their lives how I thought they should so I figured it was all just a coping mechanism for those needy people. But one day, at the urging of my girlfriend I decided to give Christ a try. It did not work. I was so frustrated, upset and mad until I realized that you can not just try Christ, you have to give your life to him. Non negotiable, binding, and totally dependant on you to surrender all to him. He does not want us to surrender some but to surrender all to him. So when I finally decided to give him all of me, there was a newness that came on my life. I came to realize my place in this world and my place in his creation. I came to realize that he cares for me more than anything else in the world, that he wants the best for me but also is willing to let me make my own choices in life, and sometimes to live with the consequences so I will appreciate him more. So the number one thing that I am most thankful for is my relationship with Jesus Christ, the risen son of Almighty GOD, the creator of the universe and the author and finisher of my faith...
Be Blessed,
Pat

No comments: