Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thoughts I think I think 2... airline travel

1) Airlines are always fighting to leave on time and many times it is the passengers that are delaying flights taking too long to get on. Heres a thought, use some common sense, quit charging for checked bags, cheapskates like me might check one every so often.
2) Have three lines going at security, first line for experienced travelers, not those that flew ten years ago, those that fly all the time, we get through the line in a hurry. A second line for the casual traveler, those that fly for vacation, going to see grandma and such. They get to the airport four hours before the flight anyway, they have time. And a third line for those that need help, like the old lady who has her entire bathroom shampoo, conditioner and rinse in the three gallon jugs and holds up the line when they tell her three onces or less. Or the little old man who doesn't take off his shoes, tries to get through the metal detector with his keys in his pocket and doesn't take off his jacket. Or the Mom with two little kids who all have their own carry on, filled with metal toys and stuff.
3) How about not giving anything for flights of less than an hour? I mean I can make it from Dallas to Tulsa without a drink. I just hate getting a drink in my hand and the stewdress ask me for it back. Gulp, thanks!
4) How about if you cancell a flight, make some arrangements BEFORE the people on that flight show up. Sometimes I think they hope that all 120 people affected just forgot they were flying that day.
5) A little honesty? Tell the passangers what is really going on with the delays, instead of our next scheduled departure time is X when everyone knows that will not happen.
6) How about making the seats with a little leg room? When the person in front of you has their head in your lap it is a little awkward. Does the three extra people on the plan really make that much of a difference?
7) Can we get a camera of the cockpit since we can't see in there? In light of the NorthWest plane situation, I would like to know what my pilot is doing up there. I know my kids would be a little worried if Mom and I installed a panel behind the front seats in our mini van to seperate us from the kids in the back. Who knows what they are doing, playing bingo?
8) How about we do boarding from the back of the plane to the front of the plane. Line up and go set down. Now they board the front first class so we can walk past them sipping their designer water, then the frequent flyers who sit all over the plane and the they start boarding back to front but people don't know where they sit, where their luggage goes and it takes forever to board.
9) How about some inflight entertainment, I mean, one magazine a month and the crosswords are already done?
10) How about a child section, you know at church we have these sound proof rooms for babies that are crying? Just a thought...

No comments: