Friday, December 4, 2009

Brrrrrrr....

I was driving with my wife the other day and I made this comment. "It sure is cold out", to which she replied, "It is December!".
That little statement made me realize how sometimes even the most realistic thing that is right in front of us can baffle us. December is supposed to be a cold month, but we have had so much warm weather lately that I think we all forgot it is winter. I know I had. I was running around on Thanksgiving day in a T shirt, was messing around before that and occasionally only needed a light jacket. But this week, a Canadian air mass moved in and Wham! it was cold! My blood is not thick yet, my winter clothes still put up and I am not in the least prepared.
But life went on without me, the seasons changed without my consent and it got cold not because I forgot about it, but because December is supposed to be cold.
In our lives, let us not get so unfocused that we forget where we are, what we are doing and what the weather outside might be. For in that position we are not any good to anyone, to GOD and we will definitely catch cold!

No comments: