Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What does wiring a guitar have to do with a relationship with GOD?

As you know I am a guitar enthusiast. Let me clarify, I am a cheap guitar enthusiast. I just love the old Telecaster that Bruce Springsteen plays, buy one just like it and it will cost you something around, well lets just say my first house did not cost that much. And to buy a replica, well you are looking at somewhere around 5 large bills. I also loved the white Stratocaster that Jimmi Hendrix played at Woodstock, the reverse headstock just rocks! But to buy one to match, house costing again! And a replica, well you are looking at 8 large bills.
So what is a cheap guitar enthusiast to do? Well you build one yourself silly.
So I built the Tele first, shaped the wood, bought a neck (I am not that talented yet...) got all the hardware and electronics and put it together. Did the same with the Stratocaster. But to really get an electric guitar to work you have to do some work on the eclectic components... duh!
So I soldered and soldered (I hope I am spelling that correctly) all those little wires together, from the pickups to the switches, to the tone pots to the volume pots to the output jack to the ground points. Hey, there is a lot a soldering to be done on a guitar.
So anyway I am playing one of my guitars the other day when it starts making this horrible shriek during worship practice. Nothing I can do will fix it so I change guitars. Now my other guitar is making an annoying buzz, not something that really stands out but is annoying none the less. So last week I tear into the guitars to fix them problems with the wiring which brings me to my title of this writing.
If you do not have a good ground on your electronics, your guitar will have an annoying buzz that makes everything just sound bad.
If you do not have a good grounding on your relationship with GOD, well you will become annoying also. Grounding our relationship with GOD is so important, it keeps us humble not only in his sight but in the sight of others. It keeps us from getting so full of our self that we force all of HIM out. It keeps us insulated from the things of this world that will light you up as quick as a lightning strike if you do not keep yourself grounded in GOD.
And if you have a loose wire that connect with something that it is not supposed to connect to it will cause a huge SHRIEK!!! in your life. We are designed to connect directly with GOD, nothing else. But when we try to plug ourselves into something other than GOD, well that is when the shrieking occurs. It is loud and obnoxious, painful to hear and even more painful to watch as you try to make sweet sounding music and all that comes out is pain and agony. Loose wires in the relationship with GOD have a tendency to connect to things that they should not causing all sorts of problems. It might be a relationship, or a habit or some other innocuous thing that causes a short circuit in your life causing the unbearable shriek.
So get to work making sure your life is grounded in HIM and all lines are plugged into HIM solidly so you can make sweet music from your soul.

No comments: