Friday, August 6, 2010

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Football season is upon us once again. All is right in the world once more. Now don't get me wrong, I love all sports. I even watch curling during the Olympics but Football reigns supreme!
I am not really sure why I get all jacked up for football. I played when I was younger but I really loved baseball and later basketball much more than football. But when it comes to watching sports, football is my preferred viewing.
So the top headlines for this football season will be as I prognosticate...
1) Will Brett Come back... are you kidding me? YES he will come back. For one more season to win it all, he has a team that came within an interception and one that he threw to add insult to injury from going to the SuperBowl. He just doesn't want to do the 2 a day practices in the heat. Look for old number 4 to show up about the second or third preseason game.
2) Will the New Orleans Saints repeat? Well they have a good team, another disaster in the Gulf but the Saints will fall short this year. Sorry all you WhoDat fans.
3) Will the Patriots find their way back to the promise land? Well they still have Tom Brady, Randy Moss and, and, and, Wes Welker. I don't know if I can name a guy on D. So I would say no.
4) Is Rex Ryan all hot air or is he onto something? Have you seen this guy? I love him! He is a little rotund, a little thick around the middle but he strikes me as a guy who would jump on a grenade if you were in a fox hole, let it explode and then jump up and say, "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?" They are primed for a run at a ring, although I think their QB play may doom them.
5) First coach to get canned in the season? Well the Raiders coach, whoever that is currently is always a favorite pick but I also think the Panthers and the Bears better play well the first part of the season or their could be some changes.
6) Is this the year Payton Manning gets hurt? Of all the teams the Colts are the one that can loose one player and go from a SuperBowl team to the cellar of thier division. But Payton never gets hit so he is going to have to trip over a dog (ala Brian Griese), wreck his motorcycle (ala Ben Rothlisburger), or get in trouble with the commish for his "gangsta" birthday party (no charges filed yet Michael Vick) to miss a game. So to answer my question, no.
7) Will the Messiah get to play? You know Tim Tebow, the one who walks on water? As a Broncos fan, I am not enamored with our new head coach or the decision to take Timmy. He is a great college player, empahasis on college. As a pro QB? I am not so sure. But if the coach wants to win me and Bronco nation over there is an easy decision to make. Both of the Bronco starting Running Backs went down in training camp within minutes of each other. A position where we do not have a top ranked guy anyway. It is time to take one for the team, put Timmy in that halfback roll. He outruns everyone on the team already, is as big as some of the largest running backs in the league and can deliver a hit. Picking a running back in the first round with the number 25 pick and having him rush for a thousand yards his first year is a good pick!!
8) Will Big D who gets to host the SuperBowl this year have the "home" team playing? I don't think so, my condolences to those who worship the single star and gather in the church that Jerry built. Their team is good, but they never can seem to get over the top. This year is no exception.
9) Will the TO and OCHO or the OCHO and TO show work out in Cincy? I just have to think there are too many O's for that be successful. But these two guys love the spotlight so much that I think they might just push themselves beyond what they normally would to just outshine the other. I am sure the Commish is going to be watching their games very closely... get your popcorn ready.
10) So here it is, time to make my picks for the upcoming year. Representing the NFC in the Super Bowl this year, yes it is the old grey beard, the immortal one, number 4 and his Minnesota Vikings. And in the AFC, is the brash and bold, the young and the old, the New York J E T S JETS JETS JETS.
Have a good one!!

No comments: