Thursday, August 19, 2010

Enough is Enough

Been traveling the last week and haven't had time to update the old blog, so here goes...

I think I found out this week that enough is enough. I had to catch and early flight on Monday which meant leaving before the sun was up. I actually banged the door and woke up the rooster, who I am sure he was not too happy with me but hey he wakes me up all the time too!!
So work, work, work and finally about 9:30 that night I finally settle into a hotel room. Thats a 15 hour day boys and girls...
So then on Tuesday we have to start early, 7AM to look at restaurants, which means I have to be there early (don't want to be late) so the day starts around 6AM and ends that night again just after 9PM when I checked into a hotel. Another 15 hour day...
So on Wednesday I just have to fly home, but try as I may I can't sleep in, out of the hotel by 9AM because I had to get my phone fixed. try as I may to catch earlier flights doesn't work out and again I find myself not getting into bed till after 11 PM that night. That was the easy day, only 14 hours going non stop.
So I found myself last night driving home feeling really distant from GOD. I mean for the last three days I have ignored him. Not on purpose but when you are working every waking minute there is really not any time for anything else. I realized this as I was driving alone in the dark heading toward home when I saw a bright and shining star on the horizon and I started to think that GOD placed that star right where it is. So I started talking to GOD, just telling him my day, how busy I was and such which is kind of silly since he already knows all of that stuff. So as I was talking I got this distinct impression that GOD was asking me how I was. I mean it was like, "how are you?" in my spirit. And I had to admit I was not too good. I had turned off everything in my life for the last 72 hours that did not associate with work, including GOD. Now I am sure that GOD was watching everything that I did, he is like that but it made me realize that as a friend I pretty much had ignored him for three days... It was then that I realized that enough was enough and that I needed to reconnect. Thank GOD that he gives us a nudge when we start to get off balance to put us back into proper balance in him...
So when you find yourself going nonstop, take a moment to get back into balance with HIM, it will make all the difference!

No comments: