Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Children are an inheritance of the Lord...

I am so proud of my kids. Proud in a good way not the my kid is better than your kid kind of way.
My youngest is such a great kid. He is smart, sometimes too smart for his own good but has a heart of gold. My next youngest is smart, athletic and funny, so he will either be a businessman, a comedian or an athlete or maybe all three. My next oldest is my youngest daughter, who has so much talent she hasn't even tapped into it all yet. She is a model, honor scholar and soon to be athlete after a four year layoff. But today I want to talk about my oldest, who will graduate school this spring and will be heading off to college in the fall.
She has always been the "big sister". My youngest son until he was around six years old did not even know her name, she was always "big sister" to him. She is the motherly sort that looks after her younger siblings like Mom would in her absence. She is tough on them one moment and then lets them lay all over her the next like a big old family pillow. She is smart, better than a 4.0 GPA, and is in line for many scholarships next fall because of her academics. And she is athletic, gaining a scholarship for basketball in the fall.
She is responsible, accountable, a leader, a teacher, a friend and just a down right good kid. I am so proud to be her dad and I am looking forward to all that she will accomplish in her life.
I can't take all the glory for her, for she has some of my genes, and some of her mom's, but she was formed by the very hands of GOD.
Sierra I am proud to be your Dad, do all you do for the glory of GOD and I know he will bless all your ways.

No comments: