Friday, May 14, 2010

B A L <> A N C E

Have you ever noticed that you need balance in your life?
Remember when you were a kid? You had to have balance to get through life. You could not ride your bike, play on the monkey bars or be good at sports without balance. I remember thinking I would never be able to balance my bike when I first learned to ride. My father did not believe in training wheels, at least that was what I thought. He just sat you on the bike and told you to pedal while he held the seat, then when you weren't looking he would let go. Many times I did fine till I realized that he let go, then I focused on him letting go instead of balance and I crashed and burned.
Well we serve a GOD that never lets go. He is always right there even when we don't see him. But to really be able to sense his presence in our lives we have to have balance. When we get so caught up in the things around us we start to do things in our own power, with our own skills and we forget that GOD is right there helping us through. It is at those points in our lives where we are in a dangerous position, thinking we are doing it on our own. What I love is that before we get to caught up in our own abilities GOD takes his hand off the seat for just a moment. Our balance gets bad, the handlebars start to sway side to side in our hands and it appears that we are about to careen out of control and we are headed for a nasty crash and GOD reaches back and grabs ahold of us and puts us back into balance. It is a scrary place to be when you see things starting to shake, sway and go out of control in your life. But it is at this place when you realize that you need to let go and let GOD do what he is always trying to do in out lives, give us balance.

No comments: