Friday, September 11, 2009

My Baby's Sick

Pastor Trudy was under the weather today in some severe pain. So in the midst of her pain I was trying to comfort her and she put her feet up on me as I stood by the bed. I stood there for about five minutes, and then I got to thinking. How long would I stand there and support her? It was becoming really uncomfortable, standing there and not being able to move. My feet were not in the greatest of positions and were getting sore. So as I thought of those things I realized that I would stand there all day if she needed me to. She was really hurting and the pain and discomfort I was feeling was nowhere near what she was feeling.
I think that is the way Jesus is. He was willing to die so that we would not have to. He was willing to take the pain so we would not have to experience the discomfort. He was willing to do whatever it took to take the pain away from our lives.
That is the kind of legacy we should leave. Gotta go check on my baby, pray that she will feel better.

No comments: