Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I hate...

Clutter.
But I apparently love it also since there is so much around.
Stay with me.
I find that clutter to me are items that I rarely use, that really have no value, and just take up space.
They are things like the bowling ball that I have in my office/den/walk in closet. I have used it twice in ten years. I am not a bowler, but I found this ball at a bowling alley in Indiana (I think) and I bowled the game of my life (179). So I bought it for $5. I have taken it one time to go bowling and I have moved it twice from one house to another. Why do I have it, well it has meaning to my bowling career.
They are things like the old briefcase I had laying around the other day. So I counted up the briefcases I own, yeah it shocked me too. I have seven briefcases! They all do not look the same but this one I am refering to and another one I have, they are simliliar. Now I don't use more than one at a time, so why do I have seven? Clutter. And the one I was going to get rid of has a broken handle so that is why it was replaced. But it was not removed, why, well it had meaning to me.
See, our lives are like that. We allow things that may have meaning, but serve no purpose or use in our lives to clutter us up to the point where new things have no place to exist. I will always remember that bowling ball and the game I rolled, I do not need the ball to remind me. I will always remember that briefcase that has the broken handle. Well maybe I won't but I have another that looks just like it that is fully functional with handles that work, so I will not miss it in my life.
So every so often, get rid of the clutter that surrounds your life so you can let new things take those places.

No comments: