Monday, January 25, 2010

Hello? Anybody out there?

Sometimes it can feel like no one is listening. I know, I have four kids. And my wife surely knows as she has lived with me over half her life and I know she thinks I am deaf sometimes. I think we all go through it every so often. We feel like we could jump up on our desk in our cubicle and scream at the top of our lungs and no one would even bother to look up. Sometimes those around us are so caught up in what they are doing that they don't comprehend what is going on around them. Sometimes they just really don't care what is going on around them and sometimes they are on the verge of rigomortis unable to respond to anything.
Many times we feel the same thing about GOD, when that is not the case at all. GOD is not bound by the physical nature that we are. GOD is never so caught up in what he is doing that he doesn't notice you. GOD really does care what is happening in your life. GOD is not on the verge of death and unable to respond to you. What I have come to find is that although we are screaming for HIS attention, we may just not be tuned into his response.
I remember one time after preaching a pretty bad sermon, shaking hands with the people who were leaving and feeling like a failure to myself, my family and GOD. I had disconnected, checked out and was having a pity party where I was the only one invited. About that time I remember thinking, "GOD, why did you leave me? Why do you not care how I am feeling?" when all of the sudden I felt this little hand grab mine. I looked down and my daughter was staring up at me holding my hand. She did not say a word, she did not have to, GOD spoke to my heart at that very moment, "just as she is right beside you holding your hand, I have been there all the time."
Sometimes we just need to tune in on the right frequency to hear what HE is saying.

No comments: