Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blogging

I love to write. Well I actually love to think about writing although it always seems there is always something better to do. It seems to go that way in my life at least. I have great intentions but something else always seems to attract my attention and therefore wrecks my good intentions. We are sometimes that way with our dreams and goals. We have great intentions but get sidetracked by things that get in the way. Here are a few ways to get to where you want to go and not get derailed.
1) put it in writing... yeah I know the writing thing again. But just don't write it down, put it somewhere it will motivate you to do your good intentions. My Dad for a time in his late forties developed a "beer gut". He gained a lot of weight around his middle from drinking beer. Duh! So anyway I was in his room one day and there was a picture of him with his gut hanging out and a beer in his hand at one of his company picnics. On the picture was a post it note that said, "never again" in his hand writing. What shocked me was I remembered my Dad having that gut but over the years prior he had lost it and gotten back to his somewhat skinny self. I always wondered why he never threw that bad picture away, now I know, it was motivation for him not to go back there.
2) Set realistic goals... I am the worlds worst at setting goals. I set them too far out and I set them too high. Be honest with yourself, you are not going to get back into those jeans you wore in high school. Number one bell bottoms are out, number two your hips don't want to be hugged anymore and number three you probably won't ever get back to that size again. But it is OK to set a goal to get down two pant sizes or dress sizes in a years time. It is achievable and will build your confidence to do even more next year.
3) Work at it... anything worth doing is going to take work. If it was easy everyone would be doing it!! Some people think things will just happen as by osmosis, but in reality anything that happens happens because something put it into motion. So put your good intentions into motion and get out and do it!
4) Have fun... if it is enjoyable, you will go for it. We all work too much already to not enjoy the non work stuff. So have some fun, it won't kill you!

No comments: