Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Get some new eyes...

I have great eyes! Yes I said it, and I know that I am jinxing myself but I really do.
Baby blues, I had a lady tell me one time that "your daughter has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen". I looked up and said "thank you", and she said, "I see where she got them from". I said "thanks" and blushed three shades of red. And my eyes work really well. I am 41 now and earlier this year my wife made me go to the optometrist to get an eye check up because she thought I would look good in glasses. Well I did not need glasses. Doc said my eyesight is great but when it goes to come see him. I hope that is a long time from now.
So why am I talking about getting new eyes? Because sometimes we need to look at things from a different set of eyeballs, a different perspective.
Do you know that we grow accustomed to things? Yeah, rocked your world with that little insight didn't I?
Well we after a period of time grow accustomed to things and do not notice them unless they change. So that is why we need a new set of eyes to look at things from a new point of view.
I was looking at some literature we put out and thought, wow, this needs updated. You see I had quit looking at it about six months or more ago. It was our church calendar, we send it out each and every month but I never look at it. You see most of the stuff that goes on in there I am a part of, and it is on my CrackBerry (adicted I tell you) so I don't need the paper model. But I picked one up the other day and was like, wow that needs some refreshing. So I have challenged our staff to upgrade the mailers, all because I looked at something through a new set of eyes.

No comments: