Friday, March 20, 2009

Are you up to the Challenge?

Challenges are all around us. Some are dealing with financial challenges, others with physical challenges, still others with challenges of other natures. But one thing is certain, we will have to deal with challenges in our lives.
Most people look at a challenge as a negative. But I am choosing to look at a challenge as a positive. It is when we are challenged that we rise up. We might not rise high enough to get above that challenge we face, but we do indeed rise up to meet it. So we are definately higher than when we first started. Challenges should be faced, relished and if we do our absolute best, respected as they bring out the best, or the worst in us.
It is when the worse is brought out, when a challenge is failed. I may challenge myself to run a marathon in under 6 hours. If I ran a marathon in 8 hours have I failed? Well I did not meet my goal but I did finish the marathon. It is a matter of perspective.
So in this troubling time, are you up to the challenge to keep your perspective on the positive side?

No comments: