Thursday, February 12, 2009

What will you die for?

I had a flight yesterday and each time I think of flying I think of dying... yeah I know. You are more apt to be killed in an auto accident than in an airline crash but I think it is the situation on a plane that you have no hand in your future. You are giving all control to someone you have never met, don't know a thing about, and would not be able to pick out of a lineup. So anyway, I was thinking if this plane goes down, where will I go. Now as a Pastor you would think that the answer would be obvious, right? Well I have not received a letter from GOD saying I was accepted as of yet so I still am not in until I cross the threashold.
So I started thinking of dying, and then we made it into the air and then I thought about what people are willing to die for. I started thinking of the great people in history and I decided that they all shared one thing in common. They were willing to die for their cause. They were willing to put aside their own lives for the purpose for which they strived. Now I don't think that we have to go out and get killed to make our place in history, but I think we have to be willing to die to make our place in history. So what are you willing to die for? Wealth? Fame? Recognition?
Many people are giving their lives for the topics I have listed. But at what gain? Wealth that will surely go away? Fame that fades with 20 pounds of weight? Recognition that recedes when you are no longer relevant?
So when making your choice on what you are willing to die for, make sure you make a choice that will make a difference, be remembered and last forever.

No comments: