Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stimulate the economy

I have decided to stimulate the economy myself since no one else seems to know how to do it.
So here is my suggestion...
Each person in the US no matter of age needs to write a check to the US Government for $3500.00. So my family of six needs to write a check for $21,000.00. With each American giving his $3500.00 we will have 800 Billion dollars worth of money to stimulate the economy. Whoops no, that is what the government is proposing right now. Yep this 800 Billion stimulas plan in reality is going to cost each American no matter of age $3500. Now I know that there are some people who don't pay taxes as they don't make enough money, so some of us who do pay taxes will have to take their part. And of those who are under the age of say, 16 who have no income will need us to pay their part until they can begin paying on their own debts. What you say, we aren't having to pay for this stimulus plan, the government is paying for it. Well last I checked the government was up to its eyeballs in debt, so they don't have any money so they are spending money that they plan on getting later, like taking out a loan except it is you and me that is paying the bill. So what do we get with our deposit. Well we get the same thing that we have always got, not much back. No I love this country and it is the best thing going, but I am slowly seeing our spending going out of control and someone needs to step in and save the US not the US saving everyone else.
Now for my stimulus plan, you know that $3500 that every American would need to pay to cover the $800 Billion dollar stimulus plan? Well instead of giving the money to the bankers who can't manage their business, the wall street execs who while going broke spend over a million dollars remodeling an office (you can't make this stuff up!!), give it to the American people. Those in financial crisis with mortgage lenders screaming at them? An American couple would be able to hand $7,000 to their bank and ask them to work with them. Those with a few kids could, like me, hand over $21,000 and indeed pay off my house. I mean no payments everything done, owned. But instead I am stuck with a policy that is going to make me pay off my house and the foreclosed houses of bad banking deals at the same time.
It makes me wonder, if common sense was so common, why doesn't anyone have any of it?
Rant over

No comments: