Thursday, September 11, 2008

what gives???


with the Airline industry today? I am trying to book some flights and it is almost impossible to find the right flight at the right time and the price... wow.

I went to all the big ones, found prices ranging from $490 to over a grand for a one way ticket from Denver to Tulsa. So I check Southwest, now it isn't a direct flight (whose are anymore) and I have to change planes in Kansas City, but it was $235 total. Yeap over half as cheap as the cheapest big air carrier (United, American, Continental). So I started thinking, did not the US Government bail out some airlines a few years ago? I think some of the big ones got huge cash transfusions because if they did not they were going bankrupt. Did you know that Soutwest has been the only airline that has shown a profit over the years. Yeah I know the cattle car mentality but lets face it people, just because I go to the gate agent and get a little ticket it is different than who gets there first gets on?

I was amazed at the cost difference doing that research, now how does Southwest, by charging half as the other guys, no bag charges, no raping you for a pillow and blanket make it in these tough economic times? They are efficient at what they do.

I wish we would all get as effecient in our lives to be like Southwest and quit looking for someone to bail us out.