Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mirror Mirror on the wall...


We are studying "Wild At Heart" with the men on Wednesday nights. It is an intriquing book in how it looks at men in the church and how we have become sissy fied. You know the disciples, and Christ were not sissy guys. From being crucified, boiled in oil, cut in two or beheaded, they were men of action. Oh how things have changed in a few thousand years. Anyway, the author suggested that as men we do something that is uncomfortable for us. We are to stand nekid and look upon ourselves for ten minutes in a mirror. Now I spend all of about ten seconds in front of a mirror now that most of my hair has decided to reside on my back and in my ears so looking at myself for ten minutes does not appeal to me. The purpose of this exercise (after looking at myself nekid (yes I know that is spelt wrong, I am just not comfortable with the real word) for ten minutes exercise is definately a key word) is to examine just exactly who we are as men.

So it got me thinking, am I the man I want to be. I mean behind all the bald spots and the pudgy places, am I who I want to be?

It is a question I am still pondering... along with where all my muscles of my youth went.

No comments: