Monday, September 8, 2008

Is Church Boring???

I had a revelation the other day. Church IS Boring!!
Yeah, I know, my credentials are being revoked as I type this but it is true; unless you are involved in it.
Too many people just GO to church, just like they GO out to eat, and GO to the mall or GO to the beach. And if you are just GOING somewhere, I can think of a jillion places to go to hear most better music and better speakers. GOING to church is not a boring experience if you are involved.
When you are involved you are part of a great experience of meeting with the creator of the universe. When you are involved your portion of the church experience is exciting.
Think of it this way, is Six Flags exciting? Why? Because you get to ride rides, eat bad foods and see all sorts of things. But if you paid the entry fee, walked just past the gate, pulled out a chair and sat there for five hours I think Six Flags would be boring. But when you get involved, it is exciting.
So next time you GO to church, get involved, do something, and see the excitement.

2 comments:

LeonnieFM said...

yes sir, I definitely think church is boring if the church is busy doing nothing but preaching people without setting the examples.

for me, i don't need a church or a Church to get my self close to God or simply believe him. Church should be a community where people gather to commit of setting the examples of kindness without preaching and judging.

[in my own opinion] when church can commit to that, that's when all the boring's gone.

(cool blog, by the way. I got your blog address coz somehow my analytic said one came to my blog from here.)

cheers

Pat Hankins said...

Leonniefm,
As someone who wasn't "raised" in church I understand what you are saying. When you look at the early church you see them "doing". But too many churches today are all talk and no walk.
I agree with you that you don't need a church to get close to GOD, but I do believe that when you bind yourself to a body of believers it makes living the WAY a lot easier when you have someone to lean on, agree with and be accountable to.
Cheers!