Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So I am sitting in an airport minding my own business...

When a lady's voice comes over the speaker and says my name and that I needed to go to the gate counter. I had flashbacks to my grade schoold days when you would get called to the office that way. I could nopt figure why I was needed there as I had already checked in for my flight, had my ticket in hand and was starting to get upset because I was afraid they were going to bump me from the flight. The earlier flight had some electrical problems AFTER takeoff and had to come back to Omaha and the flight was cancelled. So I get up there ready to tell the woman that I am a PLATINUM frequent flier when she hands me a different ticket and says she bumped me to FIRST CLASS. I was kind of shocked and then she said "is that OK?". I was almost speechless and finally got out, "you bet".
Well I went up to that counter ready to give that lady a piece of my mind, tell her where the corn grows and the cows graze. I went up there ready to battle, ready to throw down and get down because it was on like Donkey Kong. And it was all for nothing as she did not mess me around but blessed me abundantly.
So have you ever been called to the principal's office thinking you were in trouble only to find out you were being blessed?

No comments: