Thursday, December 2, 2010

If I had hair...

I would be pulling it all out sometimes.
There are things about human nature that just astound me. Let me give you a couple of examples.
Iwas watching some TV the other night while on the road and saw a show called "Jail". It is filmed in local lockups as they bring people in who have been arrested that night and go through the booking process. It amazes me how people who have handcuffs on, who are being fingerprinted, and put in a jail cell keep telling those people who arrested them that they did not do anything wrong.
There was one lady who was clearly intoxicated, slurring her words and could not walk a straight line. And as they put her in the cell she shouted out for all the hear, "I not drunk, no drinking I have done." So from translating those words, either she is Yoda's padawan trainee or she is drunk as a skunk. She proceeded to later try to tear a phone off the wall before she was restained in the restraining chair.
And another guy who was being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, could not figure out why he was being arrested. He did not actually shoot the guy, he missed, so why should he be arrested for shooting at a guy and missing? Iwas thinking are you serious?
I guess I should not be amazed at what I saw on TV, I see it all the time in the church world. People who profess to be Christians doing things that they should not be doing and when they are caught in their lies and their sin their first inclination is to blame others, or if there are not others to blame to ignore it and pretend it did not really happen. And then there are others who take on the victim mentality that it is not their fault, the world is against them and they should not be held responsible for their actions. Are people so blinded that they can't see their forest of sin and rebellion for the trees in front of them?
Just wondering...

No comments: