Monday, April 20, 2009

Emergency anyone?

Yep I am in Huntsville Alabama today. Flew in this morning, and on the way realized I had no car rental set up. No problem you say, just call and make a reservation? Well not since there was a tornado down here that wrecked a bunch of cars and everyone who had insurance has rented them. Not a one available. Nada. Zilch. So what am I to do, I have a meeting an hour north of here and four hours south. What did I do, I became a slug and asked my client to haul my carcass around. Yep I am a freeloader. At least till we get to Mon-gum-ry (Montgomery for you nautherners) where I will get my own wheels. Talk about a little stress to get your blood pumping in the morning.
It was almost as stressful as listening to my wife tell my teenage daughter that she could not stay up all night washing clothes. Actually she was going to sleep for two hours, then change out the washer and dryer, sleep two more hours and then change out again every two hours till morning. My wife said, "you will not do that", She says, "I have no choice". My wife says, "Absolutely not", My daughter says, "I have too!". Well she said she had no clothes to wear to school. Now did she really have no clothes or did she not have the clothes she "wanted" to wear? Well her emergency could have been adverted if she had taken care of her needs over the weekend when she was laying around watching movies. And I guess my car needs could have been taken care of if I had made arrangements earlier. So cut down on emergencies, plan ahead!!

No comments: