Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The inevitable...

yep, tax season is coming. Nah, I really haven't been thinking of taxes but of the other inevitable. You know the end of life as we know it. Now I believe that we just did not end up here on this earth by some random coincidence. I read this week about scientist that believe that some organic matter might have hitched a ride to earth on an asteroid and deposited the puzzle pieces of life here. Now I saw a few space movies and doesn't there tend to be a little heat when you enter the atmosphere, and would that not burn up the organic material? Well they are still thinking on that aspect.
So with that said I do believe that we are more than just a physical being. Yeah, I believe that we have a soul and as I do not believe in re-incarnation as I have never thought I was someone famous. All people who believe in re-incarnation never were some nobody in a past life, they were always a King or a Queen or someone famous, I would have been a baker or something silly. Anyway; I believe that when this physical body ceases to work that our soul is released from this vessel of flesh, and escape pod for you Star Wars geeks. Now the Bible tells us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. That is way cool. We don't have to wait for a trumpet to sound, (unless we are still alive) and we don't have to sleep within the earth but we get to be with the Lord immediately.
So I started to think of those that are left behind. What will it be like to be in heaven and know that there are others that are still here on earth? Then I read the passage, that to GOD a thousand years is a day. So being the math geek that I am, I did some figurin'. 1000 years = 24 hours - so putting a little algebra to it, we can get that for every hour in GT (GOD time) would amount to 41.66666666666666 YEARS in our time. So lets say I die at 40, my wife is 40 as well and she live to be 81 (40+41.6666666=81.66666) I will have beaten her to heaven by ONE hour GT. So about the same amount of time it takes her to get ready when we go out I will have beaten her to heaven by. Barely enought time to steal some closet space before she gets there. Look at my kids who are still relatively young. If they live to be around 80 I will have beaten them to heaven by TWO hours. Yep about the amount of time it takes them to wash the dishes as they argue who is going to wash and dry (actual dish time is 30 minutes with an hour and a half of arguing time).
So when we look at life, it is as the Bible says; a vapor... at least in GOD time...

No comments: