Sunday, August 23, 2009

Revelation churches...

We are finishing a series on the Revelation churches. I truely believe that there is a little bit of each of those churches in the American church today, but I have decided if I have to be one, then I want to be Philadelphia. They were the only church that was not rebuked but were encouraged.
They were not the biggest, the wealthiest, the most secure, the influential, the most famous. They were not made up of Apostles or from what I can find were ever visited by Paul, Peter or any of the Apostles. They were not leaders of the world, their town was not even a destination city (unless you were looking for wine, and there they had you), a center of commerce or wealth.
They were pretty ordinary. But they were faithful. Though they were small, they were faithful, though they had little monies they were faithful, though they were being wrongly attacked by the other church (it called it the Synagouge of Satan, what a name!) they were still faithful.
And because they were faithfull, GOD to them was changed from I AM to I WILL. Multiple times he promised "I will" to the people of Philadelphia.
When GOD says that he will, it is not of matter of if it will happen, but a matter of when it will happen. I wish to be faithful so that GOD will be a GOD of "I will" in my life.

No comments: