Monday, August 24, 2009

Are you under the influence?

No not that kind of under the influence!!
What I mean are you under the influence of someone? You see just like drugs and alcohol can make you behave totally against your normal nature. Yeah we have all seen them, the ones with a light shade on their head...the ones that "think" they can dance... the "here watch this" that ends in disastor. When we find ourselves influenced by the wrong things we operate outside our normal nature and if we do it often enough we find that the new nature becomes the normal.
So who is influencing you?
I have a great bunch of fellow pastors that I get to influence often. Sometimes it is not for the good, but most times I hope I am having a good influence on them. It might mean giving encouragement when they need it, it might also mean giving them a kick in the pants if they need it. But what I have learned is our nature is affected by the things that influence us.
So if you are not under the influence of something or someone that is helping you change to a better person, you need to find that something or someone that will help "influence" you to the good.

No comments: